Friday, July 15, 2011

Shrimp Stuffed Eggplant

This recipe is for CMP and his notoriously Italian palate!

Ingredients:
4 eggplants
1 sweet onion
3 celery stalks
2 bell peppers
5 garlic cloves
1 lb peeled shrimp
½ cup of Italian breadcrumbs
Creole seasoning to taste
Olive oil

Instructions:
1.  Peel two eggplants and gut two eggplants keeping the skin intact for stuffing. 
NOTE:  I used various types of eggplants I picked up at a specialty produce booth at the farmer’s market. I used the longer thinner eggplants to gut and stuff.

2.  Chop eggplant meat into cubes and sauté in olive oil with chopped onion, bell pepper, celery, and creole seasoning

3.  When eggplant begins to soften add garlic, shrimp, and breadcrumbs.
            NOTE:  I had pretty large shrimp, so I cut them in half.

4.  Cook until mixture is a mushy consistency.

5.  Use intact eggplant skins to create boats and stuff with mixture.

6.  Cover and bake eggplants until outer skin is soft.


I garnished with parmesan cheese and pepper jelly, which I thought only detracted from the dish. I was in an experimental mood and overly anxious to use everything I bought at the market.  


 

I also whipped up this okra and tomatoes side dish, but I could not tell you what I put in here. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment