Monday, October 17, 2011

Shrimp Salad

I'm not talking about a green salad with shrimp on top.  I'm always surprised at how many people don't make shrimp salad.  I remember bringing a shrimp salad sandwich to lunch in high school (and stinking up my entire lunch table) and all of my friends asking, "What is that?"  I went to high school in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana.  I guess for my family, shrimp was as easy to come by as tuna fish in a can and when you have the option, well . . . who wouldn't choose shrimp?

In classic salad-making fashion, chop up and mix the following:

1.  2 hard-boiled eggs
2.  1/3 cup green onions
3.  1/3 cup celery
4.  1/8 cup flat parsley
5.  1 lb boiled shrimp
6.  2 tbs mayo
7.  1 tbs spicy mustard
8.  garlic powder and salt to taste

Serve with crackers or bread. Or eat with a spoon, or chopsticks, or your fingers . . . this stuff is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment