Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lessons in Leftovers - Corn and Crab Pasta and Banana Bread Pudding

I recently made corn and crab soup and cantaloupe bread and used the leftovers to create one heck of a meal.

Entree:
I added a 1/2 cup of whipping cream to my leftover corn and crab soup to thicken it up a little and re-heated it on the stove.  I boiled some Rotini, added it to the soup, and viola . . .


Corn and Crab Pasta.

I guess I should mention that I sauteed shrimp and soft-shell crabs that I had hanging around in the freezer and added them to the pasta. Really, I just wanted to see if I could get shrimp, soft-shell crabs, and crab meat all into one dish . . . success!

Dessert:
I took my leftover cantaloupe bread out of the freezer, defrosted it, and cut it into cubes.  I soaked it in the following ingredients and let it sit in the fridge for about 45 minutes:

1 cup of whipping cream
2 cups skim milk
4 beaten eggs
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 chopped bananas
2 tablespoons of melted butter

I baked it at 350 for 1 hour and . . .


Banana Bread Pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment